5 FAQs for fees and charges for visas
1. What does the term “visa application charge” mean?
The visa application charge must be paid to the immigration department for a visa application. In some circumstances the visa application charge is 0.? The visa application charge is in Australian Dollars (AUD). The visa application charge is separate to the registered migration agents professional fees.
2. How do I work out the total visa application charge?
You can work out your total visa application charge by using the department of immigration’s pricing estimator.
3. Will I incur a surcharge when I pay for my visa application?
Yes. A surcharge will be incurred (on top of the visa application charge) when you pay by credit and debit cards. The surcharges are currently as follows:
- Visa and MasterCard: 1.08%
- American Express and JCB: 1.99%
- Diners Club International: 2.91%
4. What happens if the visa application fee increases between the date you lodge your application and the date your application is received by the immigration department?
You will be required to pay the new application charge.
5. What is a visa evidence charge (VEC)?
The charge for a visa label is AUD 150. However, the Australian government does not require you to have a visa label.
If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.