6 work rights subclass 457 holders should know about
Do you work in Australia? Did you know your employer must comply with the Australian workplace laws and immigration laws. For example:
1. You are entitled to at least equal pay and conditions to Australian workers who are doing the same work in the same location (market salary).
2. Only employ you in your approved skilled occupation.
3. Pay reasonable and necessary travel costs to allow you and your family members to leave Australia (this must be done if requested in writing by you, your family or DIAC on your behalf)
4. Your employer cannot ask you to pay back the cost of your recruitment (i.e. migration agent costs or costs associated with becoming/ being an approved sponsor)
5. Ensure you do not work for another employer
6. Must not pay you in cash.
Photography by Karen Ng
If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.
Categories: Working in Australia