7 reasons to live in Australia
I was born in New Zealand, moved to Australia at the age of 3 and now call Sydney home. Here are seven reasons why I love Australia:
1. Quality of life: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth are consistently voted in the World’s top 10 most liveable cities. Australia’s excellent ratings are due to the quality of its air, water the beauty of its natural environment and the level of infrastructure and services available.
2. World class education system: 7 out of the top 100 universities in the world are located in Australia.
3. Ideal climate and lifestyle: Australia’s climate is pleasant with temperatures rarely exceeding 35 degrees celsius in summer or falling below 6 degrees celsius in winter. The pleasant climate makes it an ideal place to get involved in a huge range of outdoor and indoor activities. There are over 120 sports organisations for popular activities such as AFL, cricket, football (soccer), rugby league, golf, tennis, netball and hockey. A unique feature of Australia is the many suburban beaches along the country’s coast.
4. Life expectancy: Australia has the 5th highest life expectancy in the world.
5. Flora and fauna: Australia has some of the most interesting and exotic animals and plant life in the world. Australia has over 500 national parks and over 2,700 conservation areas ranging from wildlife sanctuaries to Aboriginal reserves.
6. Cultural diversity: Australia is a culturally diverse nation with over 260 different languages and dialects spoken, including 45 indigenous languages. The most common are English, Mandarin, Italian, Arabic, Cantonese and Greek. 47% of Australia’s population is born outside of Australia or one parent is born outside of Australia.
7. Infrastructure: Five of the top 40 cities with the best urban infrastructure in the world are Australian.
Photography by instagram.com/anqielsewhere
If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.