Short summary of the proposed Australian entrepreneur visa
Australia’s immigration system will be enhanced with
(1) A new Entrepreneur Visa (stream within the existing Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) and the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)), and
(2) Enhanced pathways to permanent residency
In this post, ImmiAdvisor answers some basic questions relating to both the Entrepreneur Visa and the enhanced pathways to permanent residency.
- Who is eligible for the entrepreneur visa?
The new Entrepreneur Visa will allow entrepreneurs with innovative ideas and financial backing from third parties to come to Australia. To determine whether one is eligible for this new visa, applicants will undergo a consultation. Applicants with a substantial level of financial backing and possessing innovative ideas with potential for high-growth will be considered.
- When will the entrepreneur visa be introduced?
The Entrepreneur visa will be introduced in November 2016.
- Who will the extended pathways to permanent residency benefit?
Extended pathways to permanent residency in Australia for postgraduate research graduates in the Information, Communications Technology (ICT) and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields. Enhancement of the current points-tested migration programme to allow those with Australian-doctorate-level and masters by research qualifications to be awarded extra points in order to increase their chances of permanent residency.
- When will the extended pathways to permanent residency be introduced?
The pathways to permanent residency will be introduced in in December 2016.
If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.