How to Enrol in an Australian University
Each state has their own university admission schemes. You can apply for a undergraduate course (if you have not yet graduated from a bachelor’s degree) or a postgraduate course (if you have already graduated from tertiary study).
New South Wales and Australian Capital City
If you have undertaken one of the qualifications, and are an international student, you are able to apply through Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) International:
- an Australian year 12 in or outside Australia; OR
- an International Baccalaureate Diploma; OR
- a New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement Level 3 AND you aren’t an Australian citizen OR a New Zealand citizen OR permanent resident of Australia
- hold a temporary visa (e.g. student visa); OR
- are an exchange student; OR
- are an international student currently enrolled at an English language course OR in a course (including a preparatory course) at an Australian tertiary institution OR in TAFE
then you must apply for your desired course directly to the institution. Each institution has their own admission requirements.
All international students who are not New Zealand citizens must directly contact the education institution to apply. New Zealand citizens are able to apply through QTAC.
For more information, visit http://www.qtac.edu.au/applications/apply-here/international-applications
If you are:
- an Australian citizen; OR
- an Australian permanent resident; OR
- a New Zealand citizen; OR
- a temporary resident or someone planning to obtain a student visa, and is currently studying an Australian Year 12 in Australia or overseas, e.g. (VCE, VCAL, HSC, NTCE, QLD Senior Certificate, SACE, TCE, WACE or International Baccalaureate in Australia or New Zealand); OR
- an international student currently enrolled at The University of Melbourne and is applying to transfer to another course at The University of Melbourne; OR
- a temporary resident or someone who is planning to obtain a student visa who is currently studying or has finished the NCEA in New Zealand with no tertiary studies, and is applying to Monash University.
then you are able to apply through VTAC.
If not, you must directly contact the educational institution to apply for your desired course.
For more information, visit http://www.vtac.edu.au/who/who-vtac.html#international
You must apply directly to the University of Tasmania.
For more information, visit http://www.utas.edu.au
Northern Territory and South Australia
- hold a temporary visa and were enrolled in an Australian year 12 program or the International Baccalaureate program in a school in Australia; OR
- completed an Australian year 12 program overseas
then you can apply through SATAC. If not, you must directly contact the educational institution to apply for your desired course.
For more information, visit http://www.satac.edu.au
If you are not a permanent resident or you have not yet been granted your permanent residency, you must apply directly to the educational institution to apply for your desired course. Once your permanent residency has been granted, you are able to apply through TISCOnline.
For more information, visit https://www.tisc.edu.au/static/home.tisc
If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW RATINGS & REVIEWS OF MIGRATION AGENTS
Categories: Studying in Australia