We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- facsimile number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on www.immiadvisor.com (the ‘website’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the website, subscribing to our newsletter or requesting further assistance;
- during conversations between you and our representatives. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or communication;
- when you complete an application or purchase order;
- when you report a problem with the website;
- details of transactions and contributions you make on the website (e.g. ratings & reviews);
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen we may:
- not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes to:
- provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- administer, market (including direct marketing), plan, develop products or services, and for the quality control and research purposes of ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- we may sell our database including your personal information to other businesses and you consent to the sale and transfer of your personal information to third parties;
- in the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if immiadvisor.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd, our customers or others.
Your account name is displayed to other users of the website and other users of the website can contact you through messages and comments. Any content that you post on the website may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels and may be viewed by the general public.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). -You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below).
We may provide your personal information to other organisations for example if you enquire about an educational institution, continuing professional development provider or a significant investor visa fund.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Access and control over most personal information on the website is readily available through the profile editing tools. The website users may modify or deactivate their profile at any time by logging into their account. Individuals who wish to deactivate their account may do so via the website or by contacting email@example.com. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will generally not be available to members of immiadvisor.com with the exception of the reviews which will still be available post the deactivation of the users account.
While we endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date, we shall assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, the information you provide us with is accurate.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating person and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including to our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in India & United States of America.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our CEO at:
ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd