Tourist visa on arrival for Australian passport holders travelling to India
Travelling to India? The Indian government has recently launched new visa rules:
1. If you are a passport holder of one of the following countries, you are eligible for a tourist visa on arrival.
– Cook Islands
– Marshall Islands
– New Zealand
– Niue Island
– Papua New Guinea
– Republic of Korea
– Solomon Islands
2. Your passport must have at least 6 months validity.
3. You must have
– A return ticket or
– Onward journey ticket and
– Sufficient money to spend during your stay in India.
4. You must be visiting India for recreation, sight seeing, to visit friends and family, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
5. You must have the following documentation:
– Scanned copy of your passport bio data page in PDF format
– Photo of yourself in JPEG format
6. The steps to apply are as follows:
– Apply online by uploading your photograph and passport bio data page
– Pay non-refundable visa fees online (approximately A$60 per person).
– Print a copy of your Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) (which will be sent to you via email). Carry this copy at the time of travel to India.
– Fly to India
7. The visa will be valid for 30 days from the date of arrival.
8. You must apply a minimum of 4 days in advance.
9. ETA is valid for entry through 9 designated Airports i.e. Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai & Trivandrum.
10. The ETA facility is in addition to the existing visa services.
If you would like ImmiAdvisor to blog about a specific topic please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ImmiAdvisor recommends you obtain your own independent immigration, legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided through this blog/website. In no event will ImmiAdvisor Pty Ltd be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from this blog/website.